CAMP SANDERS COVID-19 OPERATIONAL PLAN (each camping group is to self-monitor with regard to these guidelines):
1. Do not attend camp if you are sick, or you have a serious underlying health condition that would put you or others at increased risk for COVID-19.
2. Each camp is to check the body temperature of all campers, camp staff and any visitors at least once each day of camp, preferably in the morning prior to breakfast. Those who register a temperature of 100.4 or higher must be isolated and/or leave the campground. Camp leaders must also monitor for other COVID-19 symptoms such as muscle aches, cough, sore throat, and shortness of breath. Symptomatic individuals must be isolated and/or leave the campground or be tested and cleared with a negative test result.
3. Everyone attending camp (campers, camp staff, and visitors) is to wash their hands using soap & water following the 20 second rule regularly throughout the day and use hand sanitizer between washings. Each camp is to provide alcohol-based hand sanitizer (at least 60% alcohol) for use at accessible locations throughout the campground.
4. Avoid close physical contact with others while at the camp; social distancing is to be maintained both indoors and outdoors.
5. Where social distancing cannot be maintained, a cloth mask is to be worn. All cook staff is to wear masks and gloves during meal preparation and service.
6. It is recommended that sanitized servers pre-fill water cups at tables as to avoid having everyone using spigots or pitchers.
7. All sleeping arrangements must meet the social distancing guidelines at 6 feet apart.
8. All hard surfaces in the dining hall are to be cleaned and disinfected after each meal.
9. Other high touch surfaces such at spigots, door handles, handrails, trash can lids, etc. are to be sanitized at least twice daily.
10. Restrooms are to be cleaned and disinfected twice daily, at minimum.
11. All trash containers in all facilities are to be emptied, bagged, and removed from the campground to the dumpster daily.
12. For questions or further information about COVID-19, please contact the Panhandle Health District at the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Informational Hotline: 877-415-5225.
Thank you for your consideration.