Camp Location/Mailing Address: Sanders Christian Camp, Inc., 11321 Sanders Road, Tensed, ID 83870
Contact: Christy Bates Gallogly, Camp Manager
Phone: (208) 892-4842
The bell at Camp Sanders was originally the church bell belonging to the Daisy Free Methodist Church. Daisy was a small town in Washington, located approximately twenty miles south of Kettle Falls, that was submerged in the reservoir created by the construction of the Grand Coulee Dam. The U.S. Bureau of Reclamation indemnified property owners in the path of what would become Lake Roosevelt. The Daisy Free Methodist Church was paid $2025.00 by the federal government for the church property in 1938. At the final meeting of the official board of the Daisy Free Methodist Church on April 29, 1938, a resolution was passed to donate the church bell to Camp Sanders. It is in the camp bell tower to this day as shown in the picture above.
Click on the PDF below to see the historic record of the resolution donating the bell.